Synaptopathy - From Biology to Therapy
25th Neuropharmacology Conference 2015
15 - 16 October 2015 | The Westin Chicago River North,
Now open for Abstracts! Submit here »
The 25th Neuropharmacology Conference 2015 will be held in Chicago, USA from 15-16 October 2015, under the theme: Synaptopathy - From biology to therapy.
Synaptic pathology has recently been recognized as a common feature in a wide variety of childhood and adult brain diseases.
Bridging the gaps in our understanding of the basic biology of synapses, the causes of synaptopathy and the challenges in developing novel therapeutic approaches will be the goal of the meeting.
The program will showcase academic and industry scientists tackling fundamental molecular mechanisms, drug discovery, animal models and clinical studies.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 5 June 2015
Oral and poster abstracts are now invited on the following topics. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system
- Synapse types and the pre- and post-synaptic terminal
- Childhood diseases – autism and intellectual disability
- Schizophrenia and other young adult onset diseases
- Synaptopathy in neurodegenerative diseases and ageing
- Addiction, brain injury, excitotoxicity and toxic insults
- Challenges in translating therapies from mouse to human
- Human synapses and iPS neurons
Click to download apps
- Claudia Bagni, VIB Center for the Biology of Disease, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Seth G.N. Grant, Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Thomas J. O’Dell, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA